It has been a while (since 2010) since the last time I went onto an artist residency. This summer I am packing a roll of Korean paper, some pens and watercolour and head to Iceland for a month.
Originally I had a plan of doing one quick drawing per day, a break from the labour-intensive works I usually do. Eventually I decided to not even having a plan (which I ALWAYS have) and instead will take time to reflect on the past, gaze at the present and contemplate the future.
Given enough time to roam the glaciers, snooze under the stars and breath the mythology, I am sure I will return with fantastic ideas, and maybe even some fantastic works.
Last month I had the pleasure to conduct a week-long residency at Harbour School. It was a rather interesting experience to instruct and inspire the children in a school setting. They were given an opportunity to create an exhibition as artists, from conceptualizing their piece, researching images, learning the techniques to write artist statements and mounting the exhibition. It was priceless when they beamed with proud looking at the exhibition.
NEED TO MAKE ROOM IN THE STUDIO FOR NEW WORKS…
HKD 320 for two 8×12” Art Prints (Regular HKD 320 each)
HKD 800 for two 12×18” Art Prints (Regular HKD 800 each)
All prints are editioned and hand-signed by the artist. All archival prints are made with Aqueous pigment inks (rated at 200 years) on 100% cotton 400 gsm textured watercolour paper.
No solvent inks were used for they emit harmful VOC (volatile organic compounds) into the air that may be harmful to your health. All prints are made in Canada.
All prints come in individual clear sleeves and are protected with rigid mat boards.
8 x 12″ prints are in editions of 50. 12 x 18″ prints are in editions of 20. Once they are gone, they are gone.
Please enquire about framing.
Complimentary shipping within Hong Kong.
HKD 20 shipping within Asia. HKD 30 international shipping.
Facebook/E-mail orders only
Offer valid in March and April 2013
Increasingly people approach me for artworks and only turn away sadly after I’ve informed them of the price. Now that I rarely do small pieces except for specific projects or exhibitions, it is even more difficult for young collectors interested in my works. I would like to offer my collectors small affordable animal drawings at
HKD 3,500 for one animal on 11 x 17” Ink and Colur Pencils on Paper
HKD 3,800 for two animals on 11 x 17” Ink and Colur Pencils on Paper
Each original drawing is a unique creation from the artist’s imagination.
No two drawings are the same.
Here are the terms and conditions:
1.There is no background in the drawing. The animal is positioned in blank space that is consistent with the artist’s style.
2. The collector can pick an animal (a pet, extinct or mythical animal, or any animal!) and let the artist work from her imagination. Alternatively he/she can send the artist 5-10 photographs of the specific animal the artist should draw. In the latter case, please make sure the photographs represent different angles (profile, front, close-up, full-length.)
3. Framing is available for an additional HKD 500 per piece. The drawing will be framed with a 3” acid-free white/cream mat and white wooden frame.
4. Full payment is required for the artist to commence the artwork.
5. The collector can expect the drawing’s delivery date two months from the payment date. Rush orders of one month from the payment date is available at 30% extra.
6. The artist retains the copyright of the drawing.
7. Complimentary shipping within Hong Kong Island and Kowloon is available for commissions over HKD 5,000.
8. Collector is advised of the tolerance of custom-made artwork since it is created by the artist.
Contact the artist now to order yours!